Laura Melano Flanagan
First time participants: $900
Returning VE participants: $800
Application Deadline: February 14, 2020
New York: Opera as Drama
NEW YORK CITY | March 15 - 22, 2020
Refine your dramatic process
Focus on the interpretation of opera with leaders in the industry. Singers will work with Sherrill Milnes and stage director Fabrizio Melano on scenes and arias, studying original texts and source material. Our faculty and guest lecturers offer insight into the opera industry and assistance with career development.
Singers who apply should have a good understanding of their voices and prepare to work specifically on interpretation. No voice teachers are part of this program.
Included in this opera program:
- Daily coachings on interpretation and drama
- Staging rehearsals for scenes and arias
- One-on-one sessions with Sherrill Milnes
- Final showcase performance
Please be prepared to submit the following (please note requested file formats):
- Resume as a .pdf
- *Short Professional Biography (200 words or less) as a .doc
- *High-res Professional Headshot as .jpg
- At least two recordings as either YouTube links or .mp3 files
- A letter of recommendation (can be under separate cover)
- Repertoire list as .doc
- Optional Financial Aid Statement If you require financial aid for tuition, please include a brief explanation, as partial scholarships may be available based merit and need. Students who do not request financial assistance will not be considered for any. Work-study positions may be available.
- Application Fee of $60 (paid via PayPal link)
*If accepted to the VOICE Programs, your bio and head shot will be used for programs and web, so please provide a professional bio and head shot appropriate for public use.
Only 15 Singers AcceptedApply Today